Roman Day in Year 3
On Friday, we all experienced a Roman Day! This day was filled with lots of different activities all relating to Romans. In the morning, we had a carousel of activities in our groups. The different stations were:
- Javelin Practice- Roman’s enjoyed javelin as a sport. The soldiers also carried Javelin’s too.
- Gods and goddesses top trumps- The Romans worshipped many different gods and goddesses. We had to read about the different Gods and create top trumps about the Gods.
- Create a Roman Town- Each group had to design a part of a Roman Town.
- Tie-dying- Each group had to create a tie-dye. They had to chose to dye their material either turmeric (yellow), spinach (green) or beetroot (red).
- Puzzles- this station had lots of different puzzles relating to the Romans. They could choose mosaic drawing, colour by Roman numerals or word search.
- Pin the dot on Italy- The children were blindfolded and had to pin the dot on Italy.
After these activities, Miss Whitfield led the children to sing 2 different Roman songs.
After lunch, we had a quiz. We were split into different teams and had to think of a quiz name! There were 3 rounds to the quiz- all relating to our knowledge we learnt in the day!
Next, we sat on the floor in a circle (how they ate at banquets) and got to try some foods the Romans had. We could try:
- Bread with honey
Finally, we were treated to a real life gladiator fight between Mrs Chapman and Mr Steedman. The girls were told they had to sit at the back just like they were in the Roman time. The boys got to sit at the front! We all chanted for Mrs Chapman to win, and she did!
We all had a brilliant day!
Please enter some content for your blog post here.