In this section...
PE & Sports Premium
In this section you will find details regarding the PE (physical education) and sport premium funding. It includes:
- how much funding we receive
- a complete breakdown of how we have allocated funding or future plans will for funding
- the implementation and impact of the premium on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- how we plan to ensure that improvements are sustainable
- how many pupils within our Year 6 cohort can do each of the following:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
At Roebuck Academy, we believe that physical education and sport play a crucial component in improving our pupils’ physical wellbeing and lifestyles. Being Active is one of our Five Ways in improving and sustaining a positive and well-balance sense of well-being.
We continue to offer a highly effective PE programme and build on the embedded sporting culture in our school through a well planned programme of action to promote participation, progress, achievement and enjoyment.
We are committed to:
- developing and adding to the PE and sport activities that we already offer.
- making additional and sustained improvements to the quality of PE and sport in our school.
- building capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
- providing opportunities for a wide variety of sporting opportunities that children would not ordinarily have the opportunity to participate in.
At Roebuck Academy, we continue to see improvements in:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- the raised profile of PE and Sport across the school, driving whole-school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and sport.
- the broader experiences of a range of sports and activities offered to our pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.